What is Propeller Polishing?
Propeller Polishing is when you clean the vessel’s propeller as algae and other marine growths removed and propeller general surfaces improved. Fouling the propeller directly affect the vessel’s fuel and propulsion.
Why get done propeller polishing?
By getting done propeller polishing can achieve the following benefits:
- Up to 4% fuel savings, depending on the fouling of the propeller.
- Lower load of main engine
- Reduced CO2 emissions due to fuel savings
Want to learn more about our solutions for Propeller Polishing? Call phone +45 22432978 or fill out our contact form.
Therefore, you must order propeller polishing at SMU:
- We perform propeller polishing on all types and sizes of vessels in all Danish ports and offshore.
- As the only ones we can perform propeller polishing under applicable environmental requirements in both Aarhus and Copenhagen harbor. We can because we have developed a special collection and filtration system for our machine.
- We can achieve a surface roughness of propeller polishing, which is far less than Rubert Gauge “A” (the best result with a Rubert Gauge “A” is 1.00 micron Ra (CLA) and we can polish the surface down to a roughness of 0.40 micron Ra (CLA)).
- Propeller polishing performed under water, giving a better result than polishing in dry dock.
- With SMU you always solid, competitive prices on the propeller polishing. Our prices include transport, working materials and reporting.